Do you love to code and would you like to help our analyst in their search for new malware and online threats?
We are looking for a Python software developer with Devops affinity to join our team of cyber security experts and threat intelligence analysts.
About TI (Threat Intelligence)
Already since the creation of Fox-IT in 1999 investigating the threat landscape and the relevant actors has been a strong focus for us. Understanding their motivation, identifying their targets and way of working has always been the key differentiator in our work, long before threat intelligence became a buzzword.
TI is one of the leading providers of global cyber intelligence services in the world. Our multinational team is continuously trawling the darkest corners of the internet, analyzing malware, researching cybercriminal infrastructures and tracking actors.
About the TI-Lab
The Lab is an infrastructure with both off-the-shelf and custom made components. It is built to collect, analyse and store data on the many threats we analyse every single day.
The Lab takes in data in various feeds & formats and analyses, stores and correlates artefacts. This allows the threat analysts to connect the dots by tracking relevant threats and tying these to observations that have been made elsewhere in space or time, so that we can keep ahead of the adversaries who are always trying to outwit us.
As a Developer at TI you will play a big part in the success of the team by designing new functionalities in Fox-IT’s malware Lab by creating systems to support throughput and processing of lots and various types of data and bring our customer facing cybercrime portal to the next level.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Help converting the existing Python development projects to a workflow bases on CI and Devops principles.
- Help with improving our development process.
- Improving and extending our Python projects to support our users.
- Build new functionalities for the malware Lab and the Portal.
Fox-IT, Fox, Foxer
We are Fox-IT, or ‘Fox’ as we like to call ourselves. We are making the society more secure with our technical and innovative solutions. We do this for companies where cyber safety is an important topic. We lead in innovations and of course we want to maintain this position. For that reason we are developing our individual skills and knowledge continuously: an investment in our reputation. Fox is founded in 1999 and since 2015 we are part of the NCC Group. Since then we are part of 2000 professionals, spread over 35 locations and 3 continents.
Foxers are very proud to work for Fox. We are open to feedback and we find it important to learn from mistakes. Agreed, we are a bit stubborn and critical (we like to ensure that everyone keeps a sharp eye). At Fox you may expect hard working and dedicated colleagues but we also ensure to make time for our famous Fox parties. Would you like to know more about Fox-IT? Read our Manifesto!
The ideal Python Software Developer
We are looking for a new Foxer that combines good software development skills with initiative and enthusiasm. The ideal candidate is a good team player and communicator who is eager to work in a technical and international team with cyber experts, who would like to spend his/her days improve the software responsible for scraping, handling and correlating real cyber and threat intelligence data collection. Would you like to be at the eve of new malware discoveries and have daily interactions with the analysts that depend on your software? Than this might be your next career step! What we require:
- Professional experience in writing Python code (2 years or more).
- Professional experience with developing for Linux (2 years or more).
- Experience with Git and (clear) documentation skills.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Docker.
- Solid knowledge about SQL databases (preferably PostgreSQL).
- Experience or affinity with Document databases.
- Is both comfortable and confident to communicate in English (both in writing and verbally) with customers and (remote) colleagues.
- Experience or affinity with system engineering and the ability to stimulate the adoption of Devops principles.
Do you want to get the best out of yourself? We do! And when we are both convinced there is a match, we will give you the opportunity and freedom to perform at your best while contributing to our mission: for a more secure society. What we have to offer you as a Python Software Developer:
- A good compensation that suits your experience and the challenge ahead.
- Pretty flexible workhours, with the possibility to start later, earlier or at home.
- Beneficial pension arrangements.
- 24 holidays, 8% holiday allowance. a lot of possibilities to extend and share your knowledge, for example via TechTalks, Crypto Colloquia, the FoxAcademy and various other events.
- Laptop and mobile phone of Fox. Or a compensation for the use of your own mobile phone (max €25)
- A compensation for your internet at home (max €40).
- A performance bonus and profit-sharing, because we appreciate your commitment to Fox.
- Daily joint lunchbreak, good coffee and fruit, with a small contribution for lunch you can eat and drink all day long.
- Easy to reach office next to the A13, free parking and a bus stop in front of the door. Very pleasant, particularly during rain or snow.
Become a Foxer!
Do you recognize yourself in the description above and do you see the match? Tell us why! Send this, together with your resume to vacatures[at]fox-it.com or apply via the blue button in the upper right corner of this page.
Do you have a question? Send an email to vacatures[at]fox-it.com or call +31 (0)15 284 79 99 and ask for Laura Voorsluijs.
Please note that you will not receive an automatic delivery confirmation, for security reasons. We will contact you within 8 working days;
An extended screening is a part of the hiring procedure at Fox-IT.
Help from R&S agencies is, for sure well intentioned, but (really) not necessary.
Keywords: Python, Linux, Git, CI, Docker, SQL, Document Databases, cyber security, cybersecurity, threat intelligence, Malware analyses, etc.