Are you an enthusiastic developer who understands that Security is an important theme while building qualitative software?
You are solution oriented with very strong analytical capabilities. You strive to keep your technical knowledge and coding techniques up-to-date all the time. You see security in software development as an important issue, not as a necessary evil or burden.
How you answer the question: What was your job again?
“I build software to protect big companies from Cyber Attacks”
The job description
DetACT is a very complex Enterprise application that needs to meet high security and quality standards. We are looking for a talented Developer to join our DetACT team. Every day, clients are confronted with Phishing, Trojan and hybrid attacks on their online channels. The DetACT application allows our clients to see everything that happens in real-time, like: events, sessions, trends, anomalies, attacks and threats. You fit this role if you combine great programming skills with initiative and enthusiasm and if you like to work in a technical team!
Innovation and development is the core of our business. Therefore, we are constantly looking for excellent developers. For our DetACT department we are specifically looking for developers who can find themselves in the following characteristics:
- Defend own technical argument clearly and with confidence;
- Taking daily dose of software code and Linux;
- Can write concrete documentation about the written code;
- Highly motivated;
- Team player;
- Accurate, Critical, Alert.
What you really do
- Work on creating a brand new rule engine so customers can create their own rules;
- Write parsing code so that DetACT can be used for new customers;
- Assist the analyst-team in creating new rules to stop the latest fraud.
Other useful skills, which are not required
- Be able to dissect (at least) a HTTP request;
- Is not afraid to work with database tables containing at least 20 million records;
- Have working knowledge about Unicode, at least what Spolsky teaches;
- Knows the agile/scrum manifesto;
- By others (ever) seen as stubborn and to have own opinion;
- Will see the characterizations like nerd and geek not as an insult but as a compliment.
Fox-IT is the most innovative IT Security company in the Netherlands. They are experts in the fields of information security and digital crime investigation. With an enthusiastic team of over 200 committed and motivated staff, they translate clients’ aspirations into specific IT solutions. Innovation, confidentiality, an excellent reputation, and the drive to develop are all core values within this company.
Please share your profile and motivation with us (vacature[at]fox-it.com). In case of questions please call Laura Voorsluijs at 00316 186 53 817.
Please note that you will not receive an automatic delivery confirmation, for security reasons. We will contact you within 8 working days;
Would you like to find out what it’s like to work for Fox-IT? Read our Manifesto!
An extended screening is a part of our selection procedure.
Would you like to share an open application? Please send your motivation and resume to (vacature[at]fox-it.com).
Help from R&S agencies is, for sure well intentioned, but (really) not necessary.