Fox DataDiode certifications
Germany has evaluated the OEM version of the Fox DataDiode by Secunet (SINA One-Way) for use up to and including GEHEIM. This evaluation has been performed by the Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik (BSI).
The BSI IT security certificate, also referred to as ‘German IT Security Certificate’ is recognized by numerous countries. The so-called protection profiles (PP) under the Common Criteria offer the opportunity to define security requirements for product classes and security services as an effective standard. The inclusion of protection profiles during the product development phase facilitates their evaluation, and the resulting products effectively meet the specific demands of the users. A protection profile is used in order to prepare uniform and comparable security targets for IT products. Certified protection profiles are available on the BSI website and the CC website.
The user requirements are in particular connected with the threats of loss of:
- the availability of data and services;
- confidentiality of information;
- integrity of data and
- authenticity of data.
In order to evaluate the security functionalities, the Common Criteria [CC], which also constitute an ISO standard (ISO/IEC 15408), are available as main criteria. The certification report made available upon positive completion of a certification procedure includes the following (in addition to a description of the product in terms of security):
- Confirmation that the evaluation was carried out in accordance with the recognized procedures;
- confirmation that the evaluation was carried out in accordance with the recognized criteria;
- and confirmation that the product meets the security requirements specified in the security target regarding the functionality and scope of the evaluation;
- information for the user as to how the product in question is to be used in practice with respect to the certification results.
Click here for the German approval for the Fox DataDiode.