In order to be sure that the security of your systems is – and remains – at the appropriate level, it is important to carry out regular security audits. However, active auditing techniques cannot be used in business-critical environments because there is a risk of disruption. In order to provide you with the information you need on the security of your business-critical environments, Fox-IT offers a Passive Auditing service. It is designed to produce a reliable assessment based on monitoring and analyzing your network traffic.
Effective assessment using traffic analysis
By monitoring and analyzing your network traffic, we are able to assess the level of security of your environment. Passive Auditing enables us to produce a detailed overview of the day-to-day activities in your business-critical network during a typical production period of a few weeks. The overview shows you exactly which systems and services are active, which protocols are used by which hosts and to what extent. Possible misconfigurations and unexpected traffic flows are quickly discovered. Further detailed research is carried out to determine whether there are possible ‘malware exploits’ such as activity by viruses, spyware and adware. Or that maybe users engage in high-risk e-mailing and surfing. Passive Auditing is an excellent solution for use in your critical IT environment, since it does not involve the use of active methods that could cause disruption.
Passive Auditing is an excellent solution for use in your critical
- Reliable assessment of your security without the risk of disruption
- Assessment based on monitoring and analyzing your network traffic
- Detailed information about the traffic flow of your network
- Detection of hacking attempts, activities of maleware exploits, high risk e-mailing and surfing by users
- You will receive an extensive report containing all findings and recommendations